Music & Message On Hold that’s tailor made for your business
We did some analysis and found:
- 70% of business callers are placed on hold or transferred
- 70% will hang up after 30 seconds on hold if they hear silence
- 34% of callers who hang up after being on hold will never call back
Your customers and prospects need to hear upbeat music and a professionally recorded message when they are on hold for 3 good reasons:
- It immediately gives a professional image that sets you apart
- It cross sells and upsells in what would otherwise be dead time
- It shortens the perception of time spent on hold which reduces caller abandonment
Listen to our samples of Music & Message On Hold:
DBS Internet Marketing
How does it work?
DBS has put together a selection of Royalty Free Music composed by professional musicians for you:
DBS has two voice over artists – male and female.
Both are actors and feature in these samples:
DBS Internet Marketing
Don’t worry – we do all this for you.
Using our business as a guinea pig we experimented with different scripts to get the best method.
We found that the best scripts follow this pattern:
- Always under 60 seconds
- Have the best stuff right at the beginning of the message – most callers won’t be on hold for long
- Don’t say “Welcome – this is ABC Company” - they know who you are (they just dialled your number)
- Promote new products and special offers
- Highlight your company’s achievements
- Encourage callers to visit your website
- Have strong calls to action eg ask your account manager about XYZ offer
- Don't feel you have to mention your core services in your script – most callers will know what they are all ready – use lesser known services that people might not know about. Checkout the opening few seconds of DBS's Music & Message On Hold for an example. It grabs your attention right away:
What happens next?
- Call Julie Priestley on 01522 811688 or 0800 988 8366 and he will help you identify the key areas to tell your customers about while they are on hold
- Our professional copywriters will then produce a script for you to approve
- Choose from our selection of royalty free music tracks to provide a background to your message
- Decide if you want male voice only, female voice only or combined female & male voice
- We will record the script and our technical department will mix it with the music to transform it into a high quality production
- We will talk to your phone system supplier or IT department and make sure the music and message sound file is in the right format for your phone system
- We’ll work with your phone system supplier or IT department to get the sound file loaded up
- You will given a copy of the sound files for your peace of mind
- Our agreement will be a 12 month one with up to 2 script changes per year
- We will give any support needed
What will it cost?
It costs £45+VAT per month on a 12 month agreement with up to 2 script changes per year.
Payment by direct debit.
No set up fees.
A 30 day cancellation period after the initial 12 month period applies.
What do I next?
For more information on how to maximise your customers and prospects on hold experience ring Julie Priestley on 0800 988 8366 or