Podcasts are one of the most innovative and powerful ways of getting your message across - whatever that message is.
Many people aren't sure what a podcast is... well, think of a podcast as being like a radio programme or even a video that is sent out over the internet.
Podcast are actually MP3 files. You have probably heard of MP3 players - well these are capable of playing any podcast that you download back to you.
This means that your business can put relevant information on its website for its customers to download and play on:
- MP3 players including ipods
- Your PC
- A laptop
- Your mobile phone if it comes with an MP3 player
This means that there aren't many places where you couldn't listen to a podcast that you had downloaded, for example on the train, tube or bus, at the gym or at work.
There are 5 big myths about podcasting:
- You need an ipod
- It's just for music
- Its just for geeks
- Its really complicataed
- Its not very businessy - none of these are true!
Podcasting has 8 key business features:
- It improves communication with clients and customers
- It's great advertising and PR
- Use them to keep in touch with staff by delivery company news or even training
- You can deliver your message anytime, anyplace, anywhere
- It gives you a new route to niche audiences
- Podcasts can convey your passion and enthusiasm and show YOU are the expert in your field
- Podcasts can create buzz and help you to exploit viral marketing
- It can help you to be seen as cutting edge
Most importantly people subscribe to receive regular editions of your podcast - this means that by definition, everyone who's listening is interested in what you have to say.
If your brain is working like mine and you are in a professional services industry you may be thinking - Wow! I could use this to let my clients know about:
- Changes in the tax law
- How the budget might affect high tax rate payers
- How changes in the employment law will affect employers and so on..
What do you need to get started:
- A microphone - even the most basic one your PC came with is fine
- A PC
- Some free recording/editing software
- A bit of imagination...
DBS can help you every step of the way.
If you are in business you should be podcasting. Please contact us to discuss how we can help podcasting help you.
Please contact David Clarke of DBS for a free, no obligation discussion of your needs by calling FREEPHONE 0800 988 8366 or