Pinterest is a collection of online pinboards.
Users create a pinboard for a theme, and then "pin" images and videos that interest them to share them with other users.
It allows users to showcase their own images, and to browse other people's images and "re-pin" them on their own boards.
It is one of the newest and fastest growing social media sites.
You can join Pinterest as a business – it is not just designed for individuals, and is a great way to drive traffic to your website, as you can add keywords and a link to your website to your images.
- 70% of people are looking for inspiration for things they would like to buy on Pinterest - more than 4 times the percentage of those doing the same on Facebook.
- 4 out of 5 pins have been "re-pinned" from someone else, so a huge amount of sharing images takes place on Pinterest.
- Pinterest users spend much longer on the site per visit than on other social media sites – nearly quarter of an hour per visit. It is therefore a great way to engage with your clients and prospective clients.
DBS Internet Marketing can:
- Set up a business Pinterest page for your company that will look similar to this. It will include your company logo, a link to your website and a brief biography of your company.
- Add the Pinterest logo to your website's home page – clicking on the logo will then take people to your Pinterest page.
- Manage your Pinterest page on your behalf.